Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oct. 15 - Comeback Trail

I took Sat off after the Fri long-run debacle.  Sunday was a challenge as I had Jets tickets and met up with some pretty experienced tailgaters who were not interested in any food on a runner's training table.  I was able to sneak in a 3.2 mile run down and back up Turkey Roost Road in Monroe where I stayed Sat night.  It was a pretty slow run (8:14 min/mi.) but I was happy to be back out on the road with glycogen back in my system.

I took Monday off to recover from tailgate-related system shock.  Badly in need of a confidence-boosting run, I went out Tue morning feeling pretty strong.  I ran fairly hard and was able to put in a good 8 miles at 7:39, which was good enough to feel like I have recovered from Fri and am back on track.  I am tempted to put in a strong long run this weekend but I have to resist the impulse as anything over 15 miles could impact me on race day.  I'm thinking 13 max.

I saw Becky and Steve and the Race4Chase crew at the Newtown Pumpkin Festival Sat. night.  The team had the R4C tent set up and was very active in organizing raffles, events, etc.  Chris Portolese did a great job moving the Mums, even if strong-arm tactics were necessary.  Dawn Evanko did a great job taking photos and Juli G ran the sack race.  The Orzo's handled multiple activities as well as overall planning.  I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of people who dedicated their day to the event--it was another great showing by the R4C team.  I left feeling a little guilty because all I did was look at the pumpkins, keep an eye on my daughter Shea and eventually cave when Chris offered me the deal of a lifetime on a Mum.

Recent Lines:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
10/13 Su 7:15a 3.2 26:43:00 8:14:45 0 0 1171.1
10/14 M 0 0.0 0:00:00 0:00:00 0 0 1171.1
10/15 Tu 7:15a 8.0 1:01:10 7:38:45 0 0 1179.1

No comments:

Post a Comment