Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oct. 16 - Two Rights Make a Wrong?

The hectic pace of life became readily apparent to me on Wed when I reached in my gym bag for my running shoes and found two different shoes.  This wouldn't have been enough to cancel my run but for the fact that they were both right foot shoes.  (And I still contemplated getting the run in for a minute or two).

I have been meaning to buy new shoes in time to break them in for the NYC marathon, but haven't found time over the last few weeks (see first sentence).  The double right shoe incident finally pushed me over the edge.  I guess I just didn't want to retire the shoes that carried me over a 1,000 very special miles this year.

I broke the new shoes in with a 4.6 mile run which started at dusk and ended in the dark (see first sentence).  I had to introduce the new puppies to the Day Pond Loop!

Today's (Wed) Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles

10/16 W 6:30p 4.6 36:46:00 8:04:50 0 0 1183.6
Tough to run on two right shoes! 
Thanks for 1,000+ great miles
Ready to take on the next 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment