Monday, January 28, 2013

Jan. 28 - Don't Worry be Hoppy

Today Eric Hopkins, an old high school friend, sponsored 10 miles and prevented what would have otherwise  been a dormant day.  After a 10-miler on Sat. and a 5-mile race yesterday, the old joints demanded a day of rest.  But Hoppy stepped up to make sure the sponsors stay comfortably ahead of my running pace.  It's really great to hear from old friends and I am awed by the generosity that Eric and the other sponsors have shown.  Eric has miles 124 and 126-134 which I should reach late next week.

Another great thing about my run yesterday was surpassing the 100 mile mark.  This allows me to send my first bill to my Dad, who pledged $100 for each 100 mile mark I reach.  By running all these miles and sending my Dad a bill I'm starting to feel like I'm in college again.  Thanks Dad for your support, and keep saving up, 200 is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment