Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jan. 31 - Unscheduled Day of Rest - Argghhh

Life got in the way today as I couldn't get out for a run early this morning and then I was stuck in a meeting all day (2 down, 1 to go).  This was the first day this year that I just couldn't find a way out to the street when I really wanted to run.  I guess it was for the best, though, as the 50-60 mile wind gusts wouldn't have been any fun.

On the sponsor side, a fellow named Ashish Modi emailed me and said he'd like to donate $100 (worth 10 miles) but he needed payment instructions.  I'll put Ashish in the books for miles 160-169 and provide him with the link to the donation page.  Ashish is friends with Len Gutman who sponsored 6 miles yesterday.  Thanks Ashish, I really appreciate your support.

Right before I was going to sign off I saw that Karen Krajcik Myette has chimed in and sponsored 5 miles.  Thanks Karen, nice to hear from you!  You have miles 170-174, which are currently scheduled for around Feb. 20.  I have it in my head that I'm going to run the Colchester Half Marathon on Feb. 23 so maybe I'll get to 174 sooner in prepping for the 23rd.

Last day of the all day meetings tomorrow.  I am really going to try to get at least 3 miles in early tomorrow.  Can't let work win the battle two days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment