Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jan. 29 - 3.6 Miles Ran, 7 Miles Sponsored

After last week's weather, temps in the 30's felt absolutely balmy today.  I actually ran in shorts and after a rough first mile it felt great.  I ran the 3.6 mile Batterson Lake loop in Farmington.  I felt very strong after a day off and two days after putting in some speed work (I know, it's all relative) at the 5-miler on Sunday.  The run took me through miles 100 to 104.  Gwen Brennan Kauffman sponsored these miles and she has a few more for me to cover.  Thanks again Gwen.  It will be a real challenge to run over the next three days due to all-day conferences each day.  The only way for me to get miles in outdoors is to do a little running in the dark (with my reflective vest of course).  We'll see have it goes.

In a very nice development I have connected with Lindsay Knauf and we have cross-linked our blogs.  As a result of this, a follower of her blog, Tom Jones, linked to my blog and sponsored 2 miles and Lori Kessler sponsored an additional 5 miles as well.  Thank you both for your generosity and support.  Tom has miles 135 and 136 and Lori has miles 137-141.  At the current rate I should reach these miles late next week.

I was also able to shake my Dad down and get confirmation on his first $100 donation.  Time to press on to number 200!

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
1/29 Tu 2:00p 3.6 28:15:00 7:50:50 35f 8 104.1

Batterson Lake at the 2.3 mile mark--looking forward to the summer  pic from this spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment