Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 25 - Join Me for the Last Mile!

Plans are coming together for end of my 1,000 mile journey.  It's hard to believe the end of the trek is in sight--it seems like just yesterday I was sitting with Bob Terry and Greg Ruel trying to come up with a personal way to honor Chase and support the Kowalski's.

Please consider joining me as I complete the 1,000 miles on Sunday, September 1, at Bob and Michele Orzechowski's house at 3 East Maiden Lane in Monroe.  The Orzo's will be hosting their annual Labor Day party and Steve, Becky and many Monroe and Sandy Hook friends will be attending.  In honor of Chase, I will be starting my run that day at the Bethel High School track where he first started running in track meets.  I will then run to Camp Tepee (the Monroe YMCA campgrounds) where Chase played his first baseball game.  Then it's on to Chalk Hill Middle School (the current Sandy Hook Elementary) where I will meet up with anyone who wants to join me for the finish.  From there it's only about a mile up Fan Hill Road to the Orzo's.

The run from Bethel High to Chalk Hill will cover 13.1 miles.  We can take the mile to the Orzo's really slow--even walk it--so everyone who wants to connect with Chase can participate.  Any runners who wish to join me for a longer portion of the run are of course welcome.  The Orzo's invite everyone to stay for the party after we hit the 1,000 mile mark.

I am really looking forward to this special day and spending time with Steve, Becky and all those who have supported their cause this year.

The final leg--Bethel HS, Camp Tepee, Chalk Hill, Orzo's

No comments:

Post a Comment