Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7 - 10.5 Miles Ran in Lunenburg, VT

I got up early to see the sunrise over the lake on the last day of our vacation, and then headed out for a 10.5 mile run around Neal Pond.  It was a beautiful morning, with a slight breeze and mild temps (low 60's).  I ran down Pond Hill Road, up Bobbin Mill and Colby Roads, and then down Monahan to the other side of the lake.  In 48 years of going to Neal Pond (which we call the lake), I don't remember viewing the lake from the other side.

The entire camp was still asleep when I returned.  Being hyped up from the run and looking for company, I started cooking bacon, a sure-fired way to get the masses out of the sack.

I completed miles 769-778 (unsponsored) and then made my way back to CT to be greeted by the sweltering weather (expected low tonite is 77 degrees).  It's going to be tough not to be able to jump in the cool lake water after my runs.  And to not be eating mounds of bacon every morning.

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
7/7 Su 5:50a 10.5 1:27:32 8:20:11 65f 6 778.8

Panorama of Neal Pond around 5am
Worth giving up a couple hours of sleep!
Lunenburg Green at 2.5 mile mark
Sunrise over Uncle Jerry's house at 5 mile mark 
The "other" side of the lake at the 6.5 mile mark

No comments:

Post a Comment