Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22 - 4.7 Miles Ran; 32 Miles Sponsored

Had a nice easy 4.7 mile run this morning.  I had forgotten what 60 degrees feels like!  I ran the Pinebrook loop at a very easy pace, managing to avoid the Garmin curse (running fast to log good times on the watch).

I got a very interesting email and Facebook event invite from Len Gutman, a regular sponsor and follower of this blog.  Len has set a date for his epic 32 mile walk/run around Manhattan.  Everyone is welcome to join him at any point of the route.  He has tentatively scheduled the event for September 21, but is also considering the week before (14th) and after (28th).  In addition to his huge physical commitment, he has pledged to sponsor 32 of my miles and 32 more if he finishes the trek within 10 hours.  What a commitment, thanks Len!  Check out the event page at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/446007395506937/

Other exciting news...the New York Road Runners, the group that operates the New York Marathon, have offered 33 entries to the Newtown Families to support their fundraising efforts, and Becky Kowalski is looking into getting one for me.  If it works out, I'll be relying on all the great sponsors and supporters of Race4Chase to spread the word!

I have broken Len's batch of 32 miles into 4 segments--in addition to his previous miles Len now has miles:

836-843
893-900
936-943
987-994

I owe you a lot of running Len--I better get out there early tomorrow!  Len's miles also bring the total of miles sponsored to 512.5, more that the 500 needed to activate my pledge to run 26.2 miles with Jason Lester on his way to Sandy Hook.  I thought I might skirt out of that one, thanks Len!  I haven't heard anything about Jason's plans, and if he elects to do the run on a weekday I might have to find another way to live up to this pledge, but don't worry, I will definitely deliver the 26.2 sometime, somewhere.

On today's run I completed miles 831-835 (unsponsored).

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
7/22 M 7:15a 4.7 40:13:00 8:33:24 65f 6 835.2

Len Gutman's 32 mile route around Manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment