Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 12 - Rest Day; July 13 - 20 Miles Ran

I took a rest day Fri with a long run planned for Sat.  I was glad that it was a little cooler on Sat, but I got out a little later than I had hoped and finished with temps in the 80's.  I started on the Bacon Academy track and then ran two laps of an 8 mile segment of the Colchester Half Marathon route.

Overall, I felt pretty good, though a tough hill at mile 17 took my legs out like it did on a 18-mile run about a month ago.  This means I need a little more training to feel confident going in to a marathon.  On that note, I am in no man's land regarding which marathon to run.  I had my eye on the Santa Rosa Marathon on Aug 25, but registration has closed.  Earlier I had hoped to run the Lehigh Valley Marathon on Sep 8, but I have an all day meeting in Providence on Sep 7 and the logistics seem impossible.  I can run Hartford in Oct., but that would be too late to qualify for the 2014 Boston Marathon.  Of course, qualifying is not a realistic expectation right now given my fitness level.  I would have to run sub 3:25, or 7:49/mi.  Chase would have to give me a serious assist to run that fast!

I completed miles 790-809.  Kevin Farkas sponsored mile 801--thanks Kevin, see you at mile 901!

Today's (Sat) Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles

7/13 Sa 9:30a 20.0 2:51:47 8:35:21 78f 7 809.6

20 mile run kit - hydration pack, Gatorade, water, bug spray, sun block, phone, shades, post run bag

No comments:

Post a Comment