Sunday, August 4, 2013

Aug. 1-3 - Rest Days

My reaction to my buddy Keith's 50 mile sponsorship?  Well, three rest days of course!  Oddly, once the plans to complete the 1,000 miles were finalized and a final date set, I had to actually reduce my mileage to avoid reaching the 1,000 mile mark prematurely.  Probably a bad idea to invite the world to finish with me and then show up and announce that I hit the mark a few miles back!

So, after 3 consecutive days off, I am back on track for a Sept. 1 finish.  Unfortunately, my response to the running respite has been less than disciplined; I've been eating everything is sight--tacos, steak, cookies, milkshake (fortunately just one), ribs--well, you get the idea.  If this keeps up I may show up at Chalk Hill in my Nutty Professor sweat suit!



It's a beautiful morning in Monroe at my Dad's...time to get back out on the roads!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Friday night at the State Street Diner - and that was just the food from other people's plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Sometimes a guy just needed a break from Marina Dining Hall whether he had money or not! Very glad that you were not armed with a smart phone back in the day. Thanks for sponsoring some miles and following the blog, Bud. If you get really motivated, log a few miles in the high top Converse for Chase!

      Delete