Monday, April 15, 2013

Apr. 15 - Day of Rest

I took today off after two early morning runs in DC.  I was able to connect with Jim Garrity, a big sponsor and DC area resident.  Jim made a large donation after I ran mile 292 in honor of the Garrity's childhood home at 292 Elm Street in Monroe.  It was great catching up with Jim and filling him in on the Kowalski's vision of Chase's Place.  He expressed a strong interest in the cause and said that he stands ready to offer more help.  Jim is a truly genuine and giving person.

Jim and I also spent a little time discussing our glory days as starting centers on our respective Masuk basketball teams (Jim `79, me `83).  As you can see from the photo below, the big redhead has a few inches on me; he led his team to the state finals, whereas I scrapped for rebounds and was under strict orders to get the ball to Keith Webster and Greg Ruel.

Me and Jim Garrity in DC. 

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, I'm glad you got to see Jim. He, Nancy and the kids were up in CT this weekend to celebrate Mom's birthday. We talked about your run and how proud we are of you... You're doing good work!!! Love, Bridget

    ReplyDelete