Saturday, April 20, 2013

Apr. 20 - 8 Miles Ran

Went out for 8 miles mid afternoon.  Felt terrible at the start; stiff, cold, low energy.  But as is often the case, the body warmed up and I had a nice run.  I definitely fought the curse of the Garmin today.  I kept looking at the darn thing and gutting out the last 1/10th of miles to lock in a better pace.  This is not fun on hills!

I am considering working out on the track tomorrow to mix things up.  Maybe 400m x 4, 800m x 2 and 1600m x 1 with a warm up and cool down mile for a total of 5 miles.  Or maybe a day off with eggs over easy, corn beef hash and home fries.  Hard to tell right now.

I completed miles 397-404 on today's run.  As indicated in yesterday's post, I have caught up to and now passed the sponsored miles, though Kevin Farkas has mile 401.  Thanks Kevin!  Hopefully we'll get more sponsors and if so, I will let the sponsors know when I completed the mile(s) assigned to them.

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles

4/20 Sa 2:45p 8.0 1:03:01 7:52:38 50f 8 404.7

The cows finally ventured to the roadside

Not interested in my mile count

This gal was a little curious

No comments:

Post a Comment