Friday, June 14, 2013

June 13 - 8 Miles Ran, 2 Miles Sponsored

Thank you Tom Jones!  Tom broke the streak of unsponsored miles by sponsoring 2 on Wed.  This the fifth time Tom has sponsored miles (1/29, 2/1, 2/15, 4/12 and 6/12).  I really appreciate this donation, because is evidences Tom's commitment to support the Kowalski's over the long term.  One of the main reasons I chose a long-term goal was to make sure that my offer of support was not a flash in the pan.  Chase's sweetness and zest for life need to be remembered for the long haul--I truly believe the best way to honor him is to capture some of his pureness of spirit and carry it forward each day.  So, again, thank you Tom for your generosity and commitment.

I assigned Tom miles 647 and 648 which I completed as part of my 8 mile run yesterday (Th).  This run was my best training run of the year.  I ran the hilly Rt. 149, Cato Corner, Rt. 16 route and felt strong all the way, even on the huge hill on Rt. 16 at the 6.5 mile mark.  My overall pace of 7:25/mi is pretty close to the pace I was running this distance in last spring when I was in great shape leading up to the Cox Marathon in Providence.

I completed miles 647-654 on Th's run.

It's raining this Fri morning as I type so I will have to get today's run in at lunchtime.  I am going to take it easy as I have an 18 miler planned for Sat (which is my birthday-nice present to myself, huh?)

I can't wait for next weekend's races in Fairfield.  The Daily Voice ran a brief article (http://fairfield.dailyvoice.com/sports/runners-fairfield-races-can-help-foundation-sandy-hook-student)
about the Race4Chase team's participation and the race organizer's offer to donate $1 for every mile ran by a Race4Chase team member.  If your interested in joining in the weekend's events (5K on Sat. 6/22; half marathon on Sun. 6/23) check out the Race4Chase event page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/462968913782262/

Today's (Th's) Line:
DateDoWToDDistanceTime Min/MileNotesEffortTotal Miles
6/13Th6:45a8.059:23:007:25:2258f8654.5

No comments:

Post a Comment