Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 16 - Rest Day; June 17 - You Asked for It (Or Maybe Not)

First, the running.  I had to wait until after 8pm for the skies to clear but with the long days near the summer solstice I was able to get in 4.5 miles before sunset.  I ran the Day Pond route with 3 loops, covering miles 677-681.  The miles were unsponsored but Robin Wildman's mile 683 is just at short jog away.
...................................
Today's (Mon's) Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles

6/17 M 8:20p 4.5 39:05:00 8:41:07 65f 5 681.0
...................................

OK, now for the results of the 48 and 18 or 18 and 48 poll. (see June 15 post).  Drum roll, please.....

<nervously opening envelope...seal broken...eyes on card...looking up even more nervously...and>

Er, no one voted.

I may have confirmed that I am Forrest Gump before the followers joined him.  This raises a philosophical question (which I hope does not become a practical question): "if a Brez falls on a jog and no one is around to hear him, does he make a sound?"

Despite the radio silence, I remain undaunted, both in my running and blogging.  I'm even going to up the ante on the polling questions:

Favorite 80's Boy Band:

New Kids on the Block

versus

UB Kids on the Block
(me and my UB housemates, circa 1985)

3 comments:

  1. Definetly UB "kids" is my vote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice Tom! Beth-I think that is just an artifact on an old picture that was picked up by the scanner. What was in my head may be the better question!

    ReplyDelete