Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9 - 10 Miles Ran in Southie

I had a great run in South Boston this morning.  I didn't feel very strong after 10 miles on Sat and overeating a bit at niece Hannah's graduation party, but with great weather and scenery around Boston Harbor, it was a fun day on the road.  I ran from the Seaport Hotel near the fish pier down Summer St. to Southie, around Castle Island, down Columbus by the lagoon beaches and back for 10 miles.  I felt really sluggish but with the flat terrain my pace was similar to Sat's hard run in hilly Colchester.

I completed miles 633-642 (unsponsored), and increased my mileage per day since Jan. 1 to a shade over 4.

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles

6/9 Su 9:30a 10.0 1:17:11 7:43:06 70f 7 642.0

Starting out at the Seaport Hotel
Cruiseliner off of the Summer St. Bridge at the 1 mile mark
Great burgers and fries at Sully's (but not during a run!)
Statue at Castle Island, 3 mile mark
Castle Island - Old Harbor panorama 
Looking back across Pleasure Bay at Boston
Pleasure Bay 
Beach off of Columbus Rd. at 4 mile mark

No comments:

Post a Comment