Saturday, February 16, 2013

Big Day for Chase on April 7th

I received the following Facebook message from Lindsay Knauf who is running 26 races this year, one in honor of each student and teacher lost in the Sandy Hook tragedy.  You can visit her blog at http://26in2013forsandyhook.blogspot.com

She recently informed me that she will be racing in honor of Chase on April 7th in Danbury:

Hunted you down on facebook, thought it would be easier than trying to message you through your blog. I hope that's ok! I think I have my race planned for Chase and I wanted to give you as much heads up as possible. I'm going to do the Stratton Faxon Greater Danbury Road Race in his honor and I would love it if you could join me. It's on April 7th. They have a 1/2 marathon if you want to do the long run to get in your miles. I'm only going to do the 5k though.

We've got time, but I wanted to let you know 

Hope your feet are holding up! Oh, and side note. I saw that we have a mutual friend- Laurie Champagne. I worked for her for years and love her.

Take care Kevin! Chat soon I hope!

Lindsay (26 in 2013 girl)
..................................................................................
I met Lindsay at the McCluskey 5 miler in Milford on Jan. 27th and she is a wonderful person who is committed to helping all the families.  I have signed up to run with her that day, though if she is really fit she might not want some old dude running at the 1,000 mile/year pace slowing her down.  
Information about the race on the 7th can be found here:

9th Annual Stratton Faxon Danbury Road Races


No comments:

Post a Comment