Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb 4 - Rest Day, 5 Miles Sponsored

Took a rest day today after a good weekend of running and a couple steak sandwiches on Superbowl Sunday.  Vin Lyon-Callo, the goalie on the great Masuk soccer team of 1981, sponsored 5 miles and said that he'd consider joining me for the last 5 miles.  This is a serious commitment for a former goalie as one of the primary motivations for playing the position is limiting this activity (just kidding Vin and other goalies out there!)  Also, in case there are any Masuk sports historians out there, the greatness of the `81 team was based more on the cast of characters on the team than our won-loss record.

Vin, you have miles 196-200, which I should reach in a little less than 3 weeks.  That will be a fun run as I get to hit up my Dad for another contribution after reaching the 200 mile marker.  Thanks for your support Vin and I'll look for you around mile 996.

Busy work day ahead tomorrow but I should be able to get at least 3 miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment