Friday, February 22, 2013

Feb 22. - Day of Rest, Prep for Colchester Half Marathon

Today was kind of a whirlwind.  I stayed over at my Dad's in Monroe last night after celebrating my sister's birthday and I've been playing catch up all day today.  Normally I would try to eat right and get hydrated the day before a long run but I wasn't able to stick to the plan today.  Hopefully a Subway sub and some chips provide enough carbs to get me to the finish line tomorrow.

I wanted to do a light jog this afternoon but opted for another day of rest after family duties called this afternoon.  May be just as well given that tomorrow is race day and I'm in okay but not great shape.

There were no new sponsors today, but I have posted a new pledge total following the anonymous donor's $1,000 pledge (payable in $100 increments at each 100 mile marker).  Thank you to this donor and all the sponsors that have given so much to support Steve and Becky.

There is a growing list of people who are planning to do the Run for the Families on March 23 in Hartford.  I am really looking forward to this event and meeting up with everyone supporting the Kowalski's.  If you are planning to attend please drop me a line here or on Facebook

I also ordered a "Race 4 Chase Team" t-shirt for the race tomorrow.  I understand that there may be an "official" t-shirt for the run on March 23rd, but I wanted to share my connection with Chase with the other runners tomorrow.  I've included pics of the t-shirt and the "Remember Chase" pin that Jim Pallock sent (thanks Jim!) below.



No comments:

Post a Comment