Saturday, February 2, 2013

Feb. 2 - 10.3 Miles Ran, 10 Miles Sponsored

There's still time for the sponsors, but at the moment I'm up by 0.3 miles today.  I know there's one wiseguy/gal out there who will sponsor a mile and take my moment away.  I ran my 8 mile loop and added a 2.3 mile extension around Day Pond.  Nice day to run though the wind was coming at me that last 3 miles.

I realized that I neglected to highlight the sponsors of my run yesterday...sorry 'bout that Betsy Steiner (miles 107-109) and Kathy Lennon (110).  I know Kathy will not let me off the hook for that slight, but fortunately I can state out front that Kathy also sponsored miles (111-118) of today's run.  My sister Beth McGuire sponsored miles 119 and 120.  Thanks Betsy, Kath and sis' for your support.

Matt Colegrove, a veteran of the great Masuk soccer team of 1982, sponsored 10 miles on behalf of his family today.  Matt and I put a lot of mileage in on the Masuk soccer field back in the day (can I count any of those miles??)  Matt has miles 181-190, which should be little less than 3 weeks away.

I started to think of Chase towards the end of my run today.  I took it easy for most of the run given the increased mileage, but felt pretty good approaching the last mile.  I decided to pick up the pace and set a time goal for the finish, and really thought of Chase rooting me on.  We finished few seconds ahead of the goal, but the best part was looking at Chase's picture which we have in our kitchen--it's such a sweet, approving face--almost saying "I knew we could do it!".  I've posted a copy of that picture below.

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
2/2 Sa 1:45p 10.3 1:28:50 8:37:29 32f 5 120.7

Thanks for the lift today, buddy!
This is what I "skated" down during the pre-dawn Wed morning run.
Of course no ice there when it's light out!
Day Pond around the 2.2 mile mark

No comments:

Post a Comment