Saturday, February 9, 2013

Feb. 9 - Nemo Schnemo!

I played beat the clock today as I tried to finish shoveling before nightfall so I could attempt a run and get the best of Nemo.  I "finished" (basically cleared the bare minimum to get one car out) just before 5pm and was able to sneak in a nice, easy 3.2 mile run.  Between icy roads and a long afternoon of shoveling I was happy to run at a snail's pace.  A few folks clearing their driveways gave me that "what's this guy up to?" glance-I'm pretty used to that look after a few years of winter running.

I covered miles 142-144 today.  Celine Caliento-Wicks sponsored miles 142 and 143.  The timing of the miles was great--Celine announced yesterday that students, teachers and families connected with her school (Rocky Heights Middle School in Colorado) are sponsoring 50 miles!  I also want to thank Len Gutman who sponsored mile 144 and next five I'll run.

No sponsors today but after the Rocky Height's announcement I have plenty of running to do to catch up to the sponsors.

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
2/9 Sa 5:00p 3.2 34:17:00 10:42:49 28f 3 144.7


Pretty good job of clearing the roads by Colchester  DPW

8' snow bank at the 1.1 mile mark

No chance to do the Day Pond loop today!

I was gonna go for it, but then I saw that darn Stop sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment