Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 18 - Shea's Sleepover Party - A Marathon of a Different Kind

It's hard for me to call yesterday (Sat.) a "Rest Day", though it was a day off from running.  Shea hosted a sleepover party for her 12th birthday, and the Bresnahan grounds required extensive spring cleaning.  I managed to get a 5 mile run in on Fri., but used the rest of the day on yard work.  I was out in the yard at 6am on Sat., but after weeding, digging, mulching and pressure washing, I was still in yard work mode when her friends began arriving at 2pm.   I then moved into event coordinator mode, picking up balloons, candles, a new microwave over (don't ask, it's complicated) and other party-related items.  I caught my first breath about 6pm after a 12-hour scramble.  I actually wondered at one point who had the more grueling 12 hour stretch, me or Jason Lester (www.r-u-n.us)!

The girls conked out around midnight (watching Back to the Future, interesting), which was actually a little earlier than anticipated.  I got to sleep around 1am, and woke up today all kinds of stiff (the lightly-used yard work muscle group was on fire).  I hoped to get a 14-mile run in this weekend, but that looks dubious at the moment (noon on Sun.).  I need to get some miles in, however, or I will have had 3 out of the last 4 days off.  Will post the outcome later today.  Meanwhile, here are some pics of the party for your viewing pleasure:




No comments:

Post a Comment