Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9 - Rest Day, but Looking Forward to Fairfield in June!

I took a day off from running today.  I think it was a combination of a little fatigue and a case of the blahs.  I really enjoy being out on the road on my runs but the planning part can be a bit of a grind.  I hope I can still shuffle along when I'm retired when I have all day to get my run in.  Of course it may take me all day to do a mile then!

There is good news on the running front even on a day off; the Fairfield Road Race director has agreed to donate $1 for every mile run by a Race4Chase team member (up to $1,000) at the Fairfield 5K on Sat., June 22 or the Fairfield Half Marathon on Sun, June 23.  The Chase Kowalski Memorial Fund site posted the following message about the event:
.................

Attention all Race4Chase runners! The Race4Chase team, led by Captain Kevin Bresnahan, will be running the Stratton Faxon Fairfield Road Races on June 22nd and 23rd. The race director has agreed to donate $1 for every mile run by a Race4Chase team member in the race. The races include a 5K on the 22nd and a half marathon on the 23rd. Captain Kevin Bresnahan will leading the Race4Chase team in both races. We are hoping for a strong Race4Chase turnout for the 5K on June 22nd. More information about the races can be found at the following link:

http://www.fairfieldhalf.org/

The race director has also added Race 4 Chase to the charities listed on its website and in an email blast send to over 10,000 past participants, and is also working with a contact at the dailyvoice.com to do an article on our cause.

Please consider joining us for the races!
..................

I also want to celebrate the 500 mile mark with the rest of the Race4Chase team so I posted the following message on both my FB and the Fund's pages:

..................

Hey FB Friends--quick update on 1000 Miles for Chase...I'm up to 489.2 miles on the way to 1,000. Check out my blog at 10004chase.blogspot.com for details.

I will do short run tomorrow and hit the halfway mark on Saturday. Let's celebrate the milestone by doing a virtual run together on Saturday--I will donate $1 to the Chase Kowalski Memorial Fund for first 100 people who run/jog/walk 1 mile for Chase on Saturday. If Saturday is a complete washout, a mile on Sunday will count (great way to start off Mothers' Day). Just send me an email, FB message or blog comment to let me know you've logged your mile.

Also, please consider joining the Race4Chase team at the Fairfield Road Races on 6/22 (5K) or 6/23 (half marathon). I am running both races and the director has offered to donate $1 for every mile run by a Race4Chase team member, either at the 5K or half marathon, up to $1,000. More information is posted on the Fund site and my blog.

Thanks and Let's Race4Chase!
..................

Hope you're up for a mile on Sat. or 3 or 13.1 in Fairfield this next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment