Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19 - 14 Miles Ran

I was able to recover enough from Shea's birthday extravaganza to get out for a long run.  It was kind of a gut check run, with steady rain falling the entire time.  Two thoughts helped pull me off the couch: first, Chase not letting a shower stop him from a good time outdoors, and second, Jason Lester running 40+ miles a day regardless of the weather.  He's already tweeted about running an entire day through a dust storm!  I would imagine he has some hills to run as well, as the Rocky Mountains are between him and the east coast.

I planned to do this run as an slow jog but I ended up feeling great and was able to run way faster than I thought possible.  I started off with 2 miles on the Bacon Academy track in Colchester, ran my 10 mile course, and finished with about a half a mile back on the track.  The rest of the mileage consisted of the distance from Norwich Ave. (where the 10 mile course starts) and the track.

I completed miles 525-538.  My sister Beth sponsored miles 525, 526 and half of 527.  Thanks Beth!

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
5/19 Su 3:30p 14.0 1:47:37 7:41:13 60f 7 538.3

Smile if you survived 14 miles and your daughter's sleepover party!

No comments:

Post a Comment