Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24 - 10 Miles Ran

Knowing Ellie would be away Thur-Sun, I started strategizing about how to get my miles in earlier in the week.  I didn't want to leave a long run for the weekend because it would likely interfere with a Daddy-Daughter activity or require that Shea be home alone for an extended period.  I decided that I would get my long run in today before I headed to work.  The timing had to be spot on to make it work, and amazingly, I can report that the plan was executed to a T.  

I got Shea on the bus at 6:25am and started out on a 10 mile run at 6:40.  The run took about one hour eighteen minutes, leaving me with a precious 25 minutes to cool down and get ready for work.  I hit my desk at 9 am, right at our office start time.

I ran the Cato Corner loop with one lap around Day Pond.  My comfort level fluctuated; I had a particularly rough time on the steep hill on Cato leading up to Prospect St.  Overall I felt surprisingly strong after having run 4.5 miles less than 12 hours before.

I completed miles 153-162 (unsponsored).

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
5/24F6:45a10.01:17:557:47:3055f7562.1

No comments:

Post a Comment