Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1 - 5 Miles Ran

It was another action-packed Wednesday (Ellie's school night) but I managed to get 5 miles in after work.  This morning consisted of running around trying to help Shea get ready for school (2 quizzes and a presentation--busy day for a 6th grader), racing to work, picking up dinner on the way home and getting it ready for Shea around 6pm, asking our caretaker to stay an extra hour, getting my run in, eating dinner myself and finally giving in to Shea's desperate pleas for me to sit in the driveway and watch her rapidly-advancing roller-blading skills before the sun went down.  Phew!

I ran the Pinebrook loop with an extra loop around Church St. to round out 5 miles.  It was a beautiful evening, very comfortable around 6pm.  I was visited by several of my canine buds, the one on the farm on Rt. 149 and the German Shepherd at the end of Pine, and my bovine buds further down on Pine.  I also dealt with the Garmin Curse (see Apr. 10 post) at the end of mile 3--after a long downhill I was well under 7 mins a mile but I slowly crept up to 7:01/mi by the 2.7 mile mark.  After seeing this on the Garmin, I of course gutted out the 0.3 miles so my 3rd mile time would be under 7/mi.  And then  I had to run hill on Pine for the next 5 mins.  The curse...argghh.

I completed miles 449-453 (unsponsored).  It looks like I'm on track to hit the half-way mark on May 14th, Shea's 12th birthday, but if have increased my miles a little lately and if I keep up the recent pace 500 could come that weekend (11th or 12th).

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
5/1 W 6:15p 5.0 37:55:00 7:35:00 60f 7 453.9

No comments:

Post a Comment