Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26 - 5 Miles Ran in Monroe

Went for a run at my Dad's in Monroe on Sunday.  I ran from Turkey Roost Road down to Sandy Hook Elementary (the old Chalk Hill), then back down Turkey Roost to Hammertown, Wheeler and Greiser and back.  This is my third time at SHE on my journey to 1,000 miles, and for the first time the grounds were open to the public.  I stopped and took a few photos of the area--quite a blast from the past.  I have fuzzy memories of chaotic activities in the back of the building.  I also spent hours in high school kicking soccer balls off the high wall on the side of the building.  That side was not paved back in the day and it became my training ground as it was only about a half mile from the house on Turkey Roost.

I completed miles 568-572 (unsponsored).  It was great to get the run in and then join the Bresnahan clan for burgers, chicken, lamb chops (Dad's special recipe) and a few beers (need to carbo load for the next run).

Today's Line:
Date DoW ToD Distance Time  Min/Mile Notes Effort Total Miles
5/26Su4:30p5.039:18:007:51:3660f6572.1


My Old Soccer Training Grounds
Back of SHE - it was crazy back here circa 1977-79!

Great to think of old Chalk Hill as a place to heal
For my Fawn Hollow friends

No comments:

Post a Comment